There will be a short break from blogging. I expect to be posting regularly again in under a week. In the mean time here are a few questions for the reader:
1) Does history as a whole show a positive moral trend? If you think of the question on the time scale of billions of years does your answer change?
2) If intelligence cannot be measured on a linear scale what might a better measure be?
3) When it is actually the case that explaining something diminishes its beauty?
4) What future technology now within our grasp is likely to have the biggest impact on societies?
5) Without the crutch of age to guide us how would we decide when children have sufficient understanding of the world and a great enough sense of responsibility to be given the right to make decisions for themselves?